Wednesday, November 30, 2016

I did a survey on if there should be a school dress code. The graph above are my results. I also interviewed Kylie Kurzban (blue) and Lily Polvy (red).

Me: What are your thoughts on having a school dress code?
Lily: "I think that we shouldn't have a school dress code because people might want to express themselves freely."
Kylie: "I agree with Lily. People should have a say in what they want to wear to school."
Me: It's nice to hear students opinion on this.
"Also,  what do you think of wearing uniforms to school?
Kylie: "First of all, why would people want to look the same? Everyone has their own style and body figure."
Lily: "People may not feel comfortable wearing a uniform."
Kylie: "I think it's better to be able to express yourself in your own unique way. I think that there's no point in dressing the same as everyone else. I'd rather be myself with my own style."

I also interviewed Makayla Lombardo (green) on having a dress code.

Me: "Do you like our school dress code?"
Makayla: "Yeah, I think it's reasonable, but I couldn't imagine wearing uniforms. I'd rather be different than the same.

The majority of people I talked to and voted on my poll thought that it's best not to have a dress code. Personally, I'd like to tweak our dress code a little but otherwise, I don't mind it. Like Makayla said, It's reasonable. 

I also found out that most teens don't like their school dress code either. This is mostly a problem for girls because they are the ones being blamed for this problem. On TheHuffingtonPost, I found out that a girl got sent home because she decided not to wear a dress to prom. It never said you had to wear one so it isn't her fault. Anyways, if you haven't already take my survey (on my sidebar). Overall, people would rather be able to wear their own kind of style without limits.
Works Cited
Herbst, Sophia. "Dress Coded: An Education on (Unnecessary) Sexualization." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, n.d. Web. 01 Dec. 2016.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily,
    I am interested in what research says about the reasons for or against a dress code. That could add to your post. Also, do the responders know the benefits of a dress code other than everyone looking the same?
    Your blog is festive!

    ReplyDelete